Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Create!

I am still having way too much fun playing with the new Darling Diva's release from High Hopes Rubber Stamps! This week "Gemma" our little artist was the focus of my creativity. 

I don't know about anyone else, but after a long day there is nothing like heading for my craft room, turning on the music and pulling out the markers. I usually have to ignore the stink eye from my dog laying in the door way staring me down, but it is a relaxing way to end the day. I feel like Gemma might feel the same way...




 I coloured sweet Gemma with alcohol markers and cut her out using a banner die. There is some clear sparkle pen on the big heart and flower but it's hard to see. 
The card layout is fun to do. The middle is plastic! You form your card base and cut the middle out, glue in some plastic (today I used a page refill) and glue it on. I used the Best Glue Ever (link below) - it dries super fast, works on plastic and you don't need much of it. The sentiment on the front was created on my computer, and some ribbon and sparkly gumdrops finish off the front. 

The inside is simply some white cardstock trimmed with matching light blue cardstock, stamped with a mini heart stamp using matching ink and a sentiment.

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Gemma  - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Get Your Happy On - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
and computer
Patterned Paper: Party Girl - Photo Play 
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMistiBest Glue Ever - ScraPerfect, White Sugar and Sparkle gumdrops - YNS, Banners 3 die - Sizzix, Spectrum Sparkle Pen, Mini Heart Splatter - YNS, Baby Blue ink - Memories, Galena Ribbon

Spectrum Noir:FS5 FS2 TN2 TN4 TN6 TN7 CG1 DG2 FS8 BT3 IB3 BT8 TN1 EB1 EB2 BP1 BP3 BP6 
Copics: E31 E34 E37 C0

A new month = a new challenge! Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: May Challenge

Here's The Sketch 


 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment